- Obey all laws related to cell phone use and texting while driving.
- Look for cyclists when changing lanes, turning, opening car doors, and pulling out of parking spaces.
- Use extra caution in hazardous road conditions – i.e. construction zones, inclement weather and poor roadway surfaces.
- If you are tired or stressed, let someone else do the driving.
- Obey all laws related to cell phone use and texting while cycling.
- Do not use headphones. It’s more important to hear what’s around you.
- Give adequate distance between you and parked cars to avoid doors that may open unexpectedly.